Sunday, May 1, 2011

Interesting Weekend

So yesterday we went to breakfast and ran into the whole old church crowd.  Several said good morning, Strat's dad waved though her mother would not look at me, and The Puppet Master's wife came back and hugged us both.  Not sure what the hell that is all about.  

The rest of the day was yard work, which I love, and a haircut at yet another new salon: Bella Salon and Spa.  A bit pricier than what I am used to, but a great haircut in a professional atmosphere.  My last cut was done by someone else in my former "new salon" and she screwed up the stacking in the back and after my appointment, the girls were all spinning their boyfriends around in their chairs and flipping each other off, etc.  Now, I am no saint but when I am paying for a service after a long day at work, I do not wish to see children playing adults and not succeeding, ergo Bella Salon.  Apparently, I am getting old.

Today was Kirk and Brent's graduation from Eastern Mennonite University and I was a little apprehensive about going due to folks from the old church who were my friends but I had not heard from since I left my job out there.  I almost didn't go, but Kirk has been such a good friend of mine for a long time so I went and had a really good day other than it being cold and rainy and the graduation being outside!  But it was fun and good to be around everyone again.


So a good day.

My friend Renee from California is running an experiment this week about us girls taking care of ourselves.  Our assignment for tonight, the first night, is to gauge on a scale from 1-10 how we were/are feeling about tomorrow at 8:00 tonight.  I gauged myself at a 5 mainly because I was and am tired from the long drive today and being out in the chill and rain.  Then before bed, I have to sit cross legged on the floor and take five deep breaths.  The experiment will progress this week and I will try to blog to keep you all informed.

Still in love with my dog.  He is a total love bug and so cute.


I mean, who in their right mind can resist this face?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, there you are! I have to say, I was getting a little bit worried and was missing you something awful! I hate that I couldn't make it to dinner with you this weekend. Sorry, but I just need a tad bit more notice than that. Anyway, chances are I'm not going to see you until mid to late May. I have a coworkers wedding this Friday evening (even if it is nice enough for FPF) and then I am off to New Orleans until the 15th. I am looking forward to New Orleans tho…love the food there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we didn't have Sunday dinner this week..I have no scoop for ya, perhaps next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear all went well. I thought about you.

    I may have to skip FPF because of the stupid tree pollen. I sound like a frog with a sore throat and have been staying cooped up since there hasn't been rain to wash it away.

    ReplyDelete