Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy


So another weekend has flown by.  Friday, I attended a graduation and a graduation party for one of my favorite teenagers.  Can't believe he is now a high school graduate and will be heading off to college in August.  Where does the time go?

Saturday morning was the monthly gathering of Fiber Fanatics, which brought us three new knitters, while we said good-bye to Sheri, who is moving to Salt Lake City.  I came to the realization today that I am not only going to miss July's meeting, but also August.

The rest of this month is crazy with getting ready for VBS, doing VBS and then leaving for Delbarton, WV for our mission trip.  Then it is home for a week before Women of Faith in DC and then things will slow down until vacation in August.

In August we are heading back to Canada to Massapequa with the kids for a week.  I'm so looking forward to it because I didn't get a real vacation last year due to it being the first year in my job, ergo, no vacation time.  But this year, I not only got a week, but opted to forego a raise to increase my vacation time to two weeks, which rocks.

Today was pretty quiet, which was a good thing and I'm planning on the same for next weekend.  The weekdays will be spent running errands, painting sets, making sure my house is in order to be away a week, and praying the Brit remembers to feed my cats in my absence. Usually, everyone is pretty good about making sure the fur children get fed, but then there is that occasional night when I get in late, like from Relay for Life, where I ask if the cats have been fed and the men all look at me as if to say, "What?  We have cats?" while the six cats are sitting between us, both expectant and hopeful that now that mom is home someone will be cracking open that cat food tin.  Often, when someone has forgotten to feed the, Grace will perch herself on top of the food can as a subtle reminder while Jonah proceeds to knock everything he can off the counter to try to get someone's attention.  With me, this works, but not always with the male of the species.

I came home once, probably about a year ago, and the Brit was in a tirade about what a pain Jonah had been.  It was about eight 'o clock in the evening and he ranted on about how the cat had knocked stuff off the counter, then knocked over a cup of water on the table, etc.  When the ranting was finished, I innocently asked, "Did you feed them?"  The Brit blinked, and I could clearly see understanding coming over him as he said, "I didn't think of that."



No comments:

Post a Comment