Monday, November 19, 2007

Busiest time of the year



So it has started.  The Christmas shopping; I'm on it.  Shopping for Thanksgiving dinner...got it.  Bought myself a new coat off ebay...done.  JJ's birthday present...covered.

I've been busy!  When you're a mom, life is generally hectic, but throw some holidays in there, and it becomes even more so. 

So, I just went in to check on my oldest son's myspace account.  This was the deal when we allowed him to have a myspace; that I had the password, so I could always make sure he was following the guidelines we set for him.  So, I went in and he has decided to change his myspace name to use his first name and his biological last name.  On further investigation, I found a very inappropriate message to the girl across the street. VERY inappropriate.  So, I deleted his account.  I don't know if it was the right thing to do or not, but the problem is that his uncle, who is like 14 years old is on myspace.  The uncle lives with Aaron's bio-mom and that is where I think the problems are coming from.  So, I eliminated the problem.

This is always the worst part of the holidays; dealing with biological families.  The boys don't see their bio parents but they do see the bio-grandparents and at Thanksgiving and Christmas, we just always have to be on the defensive to make sure that nothing occurs that should not occur.  I hate it.  On one hand, I love the fact that the boys get to see their grandparents; the Brit and I both felt that this was important.  On the other hand, there are times when our rules are stretched almost to the breaking point.

We've been told that we are "very nice" in allowing the kids to maintain these relationships.  I like to think of it as the right thing to do, but I also know it is not a requirement on our part.  Then there is the fact that I don't want to hold the boys up as pawns if rules are not followed. 

Maybe people who adopt from other countries have the right idea....


No comments:

Post a Comment