Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving is for.....



....other people's families??

So, after a delightful trip to Niagara Falls with Gareth and Gina, we returned home late last night.  Today, I called my mother to let her know we were home and after a bit of chitchat, I was informed that she would be spending Thanksgiving with my brother's wife's family.  So essentially, my little family of four will be the outcasts for Thanksgiving this year.  I'm not sure what I did, unless it was not to consult anyone in October as to the plan for Thanksgiving, but I was, after all, planning a little reunion for the Brit and his brother, who had not seen each other in five years.  So, whatever.

Canada was fabulous and we did all the touristy things like the Skylon Tower, the Sky Wheel and the four males did a helicopter ride over the falls, which judging by the pictures, was incredible.  Gina and I prefer our feet more or less on the ground. 

Our hotel left a bit to be desired, which was a bit disappointing for a Marriott.  The first night when we arrived, exhausted, our room, and the entire floor was roughly the temperature of a dry sauna and no amount of air conditioning was helping it.  We called down to complain and they sent up a fan.  One fan for a two room suite.  Brilliant.  The front desk people were rude, it took us all three days to get a remote for the second room television that worked and they called and woke up my children at 12:20am on the last night.  Granted, the Brit's car window was down, but maybe it is just me, but either don't call me at all, or come knock on my door as you know I have children.

Anyway, so today has been quiet, other than laundry, and tomorrow, I go back to work.  NaBloPoMo is over for me, but I'm going to keep the little cat on the page for awhile because I likez him  


No comments:

Post a Comment