Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Are People Actually here?

Lack of comments makes me wonder if we are working here.

Today was a bad one.  This has all been like a giant roller coaster, some days are great, others horrible with no special reason why the bad ones are bad.  I had trouble sleeping again last night, thinking about giving up my Tuesday nights and how impossible it would be as I had just given up two impossible things and thinking about those things got me all emotional today again over the loss of the  youth group and praise band.  I know I will survive these things as sure as I know I will not be returning to them, but now, it is still difficult.  I know I am a survivor; I have been my entire life, but right now, I am still in a valley.  I keep thinking of the line to that Christian song which I'm sure is also a Bible verse: Strength will come as we wait upon the Lord.  I'm waiting.  I know there is a plan and it will be perfect. 

I could not bring myself to go to the gym today as I was in too bad a funk, so I came home and raked 11 bags of leaves from the backyard.  Believe it or not, it really helped my frame of mind.  It was a visible accomplishment and I was in the mood at the time to be alone.  Then tonight, I walked a few miles with Tod, which allowed me to blow off some steam to him.  The Brit has been away a lot the last two weeks and I am kind of over it right now, but having Tod around does help.

I came to the realization that I have a 5K to run Thanksgiving morning and I have not run in weeks.  Should be interesting!

4 comments:

  1. I am here...and I am reading even though I don't comment every time :)

    And you are right it will all work out. Change is uncomfortable, even good change.

    Love ya...Jil

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'll try again- first comment went kaput!! I'm thinking that maybe this job isn't the right one if it's causing so much conflict in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I tried posting a comment the other day but it never showed up. Let's see if this one works - JimNotMike

    Oh, and one thing I don't like is that I can't post a comment using "JimNotMIke"

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I do love that the comments post instantly. So I will take the good with the bad...kinda like life.

    ReplyDelete