Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Sunday Offering


Okay, as I haven't blogged in days, you get a special Sunday edition with updates..aka, bullet point updates.

  • Wound up with a full blown cold from hell.  Have not been sick in two years but I am attributing this one to the church stress.  Snot and much coughing.  It has been big fun.
  • I still ran the Turkey Trot with the cold and beat my Project 320 time by almost 4 minutes, which rocks.  Tod came in at under thirty minutes for his first 5K and won the damn runner's basket...but I am getting over that....slowly.  Anyway, 800+ people ran this thing.  It was cold and had been raining but thankfully the rain held off for the run.  I'm thinking I could do really well if I actually trained for the next one and I will take running in the cold over running in the humidity any day.
  • My twenty year old youth kid beat out the Evil VP for council today.  I am over the moon and I am sure she is one twisted sister.
  • Due to her losing, I am really dreading the Bible study Tuesday.
  • Tomorrow, I am meeting with Sonia for training and then meeting with Tod to go see "Burlesque".  Very excited.
  • The Brit is leaving for Atlanta tomorrow night and I will not see him till either Friday night or Saturday when we leave for CALIFORNIA!
  • The Lawyer turned 11 yesterday and we took him and his little friend from school out for hibatchi.  Robyn, Emily and Tod went along too and a good time was had by all.
  • Thursday, I am cheating on my hair girl officially.  I have an appointment with the new girl and we'll see how it goes.
  • We finally got an artificial tree, pre-lit and everything.  I am very happy.  No more needles or forgetting to water the thing.
  • I have started making lists for the week.  Grocery list, To Do list and Packing list.  Nothing like travel in the busiest season of the year, but given how much I dislike what Christmas has become, I can't wait to go away for a week.
  • There is a potential job at an elementary school I  have applied for and I have three people in the education system putting in a good word for me.  Say prayers or think happy thoughts.
  • Dear Lord, get me through this week.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking good thoughts for you...a belatedly "Happy Thanksgiving"...

    Enjoy your week...Kimmy!

    :) J

    ReplyDelete