Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Insanely Busy


Okay, so I've been slacking.  It hasn't been intentional, it's been because a big ole family reunion is about to take place as a surprise for my mother.

There are seven children in my family and we range in age from 37-60, so needless to say, many of us did not live at home at the same time others did.  In fact, the only time we have all been together, in our lives, was 7 years ago at my dad's funeral.  That has been the one and only time.  It was my sister's idea and has been months in the planning, but it's all about to go down very shortly.  My brother, Tom and his wife, Shannon,(who live in Tennessee) who are staying with us, are arriving in the morning.  Connie and MaryAnn (Las Vegas and California) are arriving tomorrow evening.  Friday morning, the Brit is heading to the airport to pick up Doug (also from California).  The other three of us already live in Maryland.  So, Vicki, my other sister, is taking mom out all day on Friday.  Once they leave, the rest of us will converge on mom's place (she has the most room) and cook etc for the rest of the afternoon.  Vicki will head back with mom about 7:20 and SURPRISE!  She just had her 77th birthday and I hope we don't give her a heart attack. 

So, I have spent today cleaning in preparation of guests, not that they care if my house is spotless or not, it is just one of my insane quirks. (Though I did not clean nearly as much as I do when my inlaws come over from England).  I've been afraid to be around mom for fear of letting something slip, so I'll be glad when the cat is out of the bag. 

I believe for the month of November, I will be doing this, so you can hopefully look forward to daily posts! 

Okay, I'm off, very tired having cleaned all day.  I will post pictures after the big surprise for mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment