Monday, October 9, 2006

There's only Grace


So, I came to the realization last night that one cannot change one picture on a blog template without having to re-insert all the pictures across the top of the page.  Ugh!  I had near panic attacks that somehow Godaddy would decide that I was killing my old blog altogether and would take out all my entries, but thankfully that did not happen!



Anyway, the reason for the all commotion was that I stumbled upon the new picture at the left hand side of my blog.  This picture embodies the whole idea and feeling behind the book I am working on currently.  I find the picture entirely inspirational and motivating.  GRACE.  That is the word that should be the title of the picture. 



When I think about Grace, I can't help but think about what happened to my church, because the bottom line for me is that if more people had focused less on judgement and more on grace, so many things would never have happened.  We can so easily become obsessed with rules and laws and forget what it is all really about.  Grace.  Why is it so much easier to point a finger than to forgive?   There is not an affiliation anywhere that is without fault.  There is not a church anywhere that is without fault, without sin.  We all fall short.  Every single one of us. 



The beauty of it is that the love that is God will meet us where we are.  It doesn't matter if we have broken all ten commandments plus a few state laws, if we step toward Him, He will meet us.  Like the woman in the picture, we can be huddled on the ground too ashamed to get up and face Him and yet He will stretch out his hand to us.  Grace is what has been shown to us, so would it be right for us to show anything else?



I will get back to knitting content.  Promise.  Christmas is coming.  Can I tell y'all how behind I am in knitted gifts?




No comments:

Post a Comment