Friday, October 6, 2006

Not quite there yet but closer


So, my font is in honor of the fact that my mood has gone from a black to more of a gray shade, which must mean I'm getting there.  Slowly.  I still have nada control over anything in my life right now (the Reese PB Cup minitures I'm munching on right now can attest to that fact) but I am crawling my way back to daylight.  It's kind of strange because most people don't realize I've been in a funk.  Apparently, one can be depressed and still act relatively normal, even when inside, nothing feels normal.  But, I think there are just times in this life, when the best we can do is simply survive.

One thing many of you may know or not know about me is that I have many very good friends whom I have never met in person.  The majority of them, I have met on message boards on the internet, some because I read their blogs, etc.  There is one group of ladies that I have been involved with for close to seven years now.  These are a few of the most amazing people I have had the blessing of knowing.  We talk about God, faith, husbands, children, current events...pretty much anything.  Some of these women have called me at various difficult points in my life to share life experiences with me and to give me some insight into what I'm going through. 

Well, on Tuesday, one of these ladies lost her 27-year-old son.  Officially, she lost him Wednesday night, but on Tuesday she already knew that he was so severely brain damaged there would be no coming back from it.  It was all terrible set of circumstances; he was walking across the street and someone ran a red light.  He was an organ donor, so he was kept on life support for awhile.

It's things like this, and school shootings etc, that make me wonder what God's plan is in all of it.  I know he has one.  It's just way bigger than I could ever fathom.  My friend who lost her son is so strong and has so much faith that at times, I think my faith is truly that of a mustard seed.  But even with mustard seed faith, we are supposed to be able to move mountains.  I believe that.  What I don't always know is where to begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment