Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sick Saturday


So, I'm still hacking and coughing and feeling relatively miserable, however, I did get a decent night's sleep last night!  When I have a cold, I sleep terribly which only adds to that got-a-cold-exhaustion.  So, last night, the Brit gives me some kind of sleep aid pill that the doctor had given him when he had hurt his shoulder.  I was desperate, and as I am a Tylenol PM girl anyway (I hate insomnia) and that had not been working for me, I decided to try it.  It took a little while to work, but it did make me feel way loopy.  I very vaguely recall having this conversation:

(sound of cat meowing and me, being the attentive cat mama I am, immediately recognize whose kitty voice it is and I call for Hannah.)  Hannah jumps up on the bed, still meowing to which I am answering with things like, "Really?  And then what happened?  What did you catch?"

The Brit, who is reading, says "What on earth is occuring?" (He is apparently only now aware of the human-cat conversation).

I respond with "Hannah had a toy, but when I called her up on the bed she left it down on the floor, but she is still telling me all about it.  And how do I know this?  Because I am the Crazy Cat Lady."

Yeah, loopy.

So, we knitted today and I took zero photos, because due to the cold and the sleep remedy, I was feeling very foggy most of the day.  I also had a terrible headache which was not helping.  But, we did come up with a few thoughts about participating next year in a craft festival in Berryville (no clue where that is), which I think would be big fun!  Let me get Christmas over with and then I can start working on items to sell. 

I started knitting this today:



And Kirk, if you are reading this, do not show it to your mom, as I am knitting it (or attempting to rather) for her for Christmas!  I am slightly intimidated by the LARGE pattern (we're talking like three pages of instructions!) but it is started and we're hoping for the best!

Okay, I'm heading to the other room to nurse this cold a bit more.  Hope y'all are having a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment