Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Oh, for the love of ebay


I have a very on again, off again relationship with the auction website of the internet.  Basically, I'm either on ebay or not on ebay and it comes and goes in waves.  I won't go near it for months and then a quest for something I would like to have, but at a way cheaper price, leads me back to its addictive pages once more.  It's kind of like yard-sale shopping from the comfort of home.

Today, I spent about three hours looking at clothing and at purses...oh and at shoes and now I have about 11 items in my "watch this item" section.  (I can see the Brit shuddering from here ) Now, I have no intention of purchasing or even trying to purchase all 11 items.  There will be like one item in a category I like, and then there are three back up items in case I don't win the top contender.  And I will only bid on the top contender if the price is not ridiculously high and the shipping is within reason.  If I'm on ebay, I want a deal.

In the past, I have purchased clothing, X-Box games, angels, yarn and knitting needles, a leather backpack, books, cds, toys, and I'm not even sure what else and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience and the sellers have never had a bad experience with me (100% feedback average).  I have no issue with used items in good condition, in fact, sometimes, I prefer it that way! 

__________________________________________

My wrist issue is a ganglion cyst and there is nothing that can be done about it right now.  It will either go away or it will get bigger so the doctor can drain it with a needle.  I vote for it going away, thank you.

My depression/mood issue, Paula believe is PMDD.  We did a little internet research today and found this list of symptoms:



  • over the course of a year, during most menstrual cycles, five or more of the following symptoms must be present:

    • depressed mood ....Check
    • anger or irritability ...Check
    • difficulty in concentrating ....Check
    • lack of interest in activities once enjoyed ...Yup
    • moodiness ...just ask the Brit
    • increased appetite ....not sure, but is is nice to have an excuse...
    • insomnia or hypersomnia ....yes
    • feeling overwhelmed or out of control ...overwhelmed, check
    • other physical symptoms


  • symptoms that disturb social, occupational, or physical functioning



  • symptoms that are not related to, or exaggerated by, another medical condition



Basically, it's a hormonal thing that I plan on discussing with the doctor when I next visit...but it's nice to put a name to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment