Friday, October 26, 2007

A better Friday



So, I made the decision to do both NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo and then on December 1st, ya'll can have me committed.  I need to make sure that the Brit knows (as he encouraged me to do this, even with company coming!) that this means I will need to be using his laptop on the drive to Canada if we are doing that while his brother is here.  Writing for NaNoWriMo will probably mean not taking a day completely off from writing as I need to write about 1667 words per day for thirty days.  Anyone know of a good word counting program??  I thought Word might have one, but I'm using a new version of it and can't even locate the "undo" tab yet, which is moderately annoying.

So, NaBloPoMo folks, I hope you visit, though I don't know how much visiting I'll be getting done on other participating blogs.  I hope I can manage to view some as I picked up a few great reads from last year!  Is anyone else doing both??  I'd love to know if you are!

Not much other news, though the weekend is looking like a bit of a bummer.  I have to go work a fiber festival on Sunday and though several of my best buddies will be there, the whole thing is a bit of a sore spot with me.  I have not been to my knitting group since June, partly due to a couple months of other committments and mostly due to the fact that the decision was made to participate in this festival.  While, in theory, it is a nice idea, for me, with a part-time job and two full-time kids, it was just not possible.  I am not a fast knitter...actually, I am the slowest knitter I know.  Mind you, I love knitting. Truly!  But it is a hobby that I have little time for right now, though as the kids get older, there will be more time.  The aspect of the festival put a level of stress on my hobby that I hated, so not only did I decide I did not want to do the festival, I boycotted knitting altogether from June until two weeks ago! 

There have also been a few other issues which I won't go into, but when too many rules inundate one's hobby, it is time to find another group.  When a hobby becomes "mandatory" it is time to find another group.  But I did sign up to work the festival on Sunday, so I will be there...if Lisa sends me directions

Other than that, not much going on tomorrow!  I'm looking forward to no early alarm clock, but we do have to go weigh in by 10:30!


No comments:

Post a Comment