Monday, October 8, 2007

The Strawberry Conspiracy



I have such a headache and it is refusing to go away.  I fear that bed might be the only answer.



This little box nearly sent me into a tizzy today.  Crystal Lite Energy Strawberry flavor has single-handedly had me drinking water for the past six months.  Any of you who know me well, know that I despise water.  Too boring, no flavor.  The flavored waters you can purchase make me want to wretch, as does putting lemon in a glass of H2o.  But six months ago, when I spotted this on the shelf at Wally World, I bought it and fell in love.  64 ounces of water a day is noooo longer an issue; in fact it is the only thing that truly quenches my thirst.

Last week during my grocery shopping excursion at Wally World, I discovered, to my horror, that they didn't have any of the strawberry flavored packs.  I didn't panic as I knew I had another full box at home.  But today, when grocery shopping, they still didn't have it and I was OUT!  I was totally traumatized.  If I'm having RNY in the spring, and I need to get in water, this stuff is what I will probably need (hard to be totally sure of that as they say your tastes change and some things you used to love are suddenly too sweet after surgery).  I finished shopping and tonight, I had to go out and pick up Aaron's meds, so I stopped in at Food Lion to purchase the Crystal Lite.  THEY WERE ALSO OUT OF THE STRAWBERRY!  It is now a conspiracy and I am panicking that they have discontinued it for some reason.  Why else would everyone be out of it.  My concern led me farther away from home to Martins, where I did find it and bought four boxes for a greater price than I pay at Wally World, but hey, can you really put a price on peace of mind in regards to water intake?

Next Tuesday, the Brit and I venture to Hopkins Bayview for an informational session on gastric bypass surgery.  We're supposed to bring our questions, but honestly, with all the message boards and blogs I've been reading, I already know tons!  I will still be anxious to hear what they have to say though and one session is required by who will hopefully be our surgeon.


No comments:

Post a Comment