Monday, July 24, 2006

39+1


So, I survived turning the big 40, but I really don't want to say too much other than that as I really don't want to be this particular age.  Someone told me tonight that life begins at 40, but I gotta tell ya, it has been a rough couple of months, so I'll wait a few more months to let you know how true I think this is.

One of the speakers at the conference, Luci Swindol, talked about grabbing hold of those little "Poofs" of joy when you see them.  They can be small and to others, can  maybe seem insignificant. (She really made me laugh with teaching me a new word: Anticipointment.  Which means anticipating something that doesn't actually happen.  The joy being the anticipation and even after it winds up being disappointing, you need to hold onto your original feeling when you thought it was going to happen).  I've been doing that today.  Looking for those little poofs of joy and finding some!  I found quite a few tonight as we kicked off our Vacation Bible School at church. 

Some of you may recall, if you've been reading my drivel for awhile, that my church had a huge division in the congregation last fall.  Now, we may be small, but we are faithful and tonight we had just shy of twenty kids at VBS!  The best part is that the MAJORITY of these children were unchurched children!  Kids from the neighborhood!  It was awesome.  We also increased our age range to include younger kids, as young as three years old and they had a great time!  It was all a major poof of joy and reminded me of just how faithful God is.  My church has remained faithful to him and he is in no way letting us down!  It feels good to be validated.

Anyway, ya'll know what?  Only four more weeks till school starts!



No comments:

Post a Comment