Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Just a quickie


Hello to Suzanne and Robin!  I always love new commentors (and my old faithful crowd as well!).  I was not going to update tonight because it has been such an exhausting week, but then I hate to start picking up a few new readers and then lose them because of lack of posts!

My days this week have pretty much gone like this:

1) Wake up at 7:30, shower, wake up kids, dress, do hair, makeup, yada, yada, yada.
2) Leave house by 8:45, destination, the church, for work. 
3) Leave church at 1:00, go home, try to straighten up house, do laundry, catch up in general.
4) Start dinner by 4:00, so we can eat by 5:00.  Inhale food in order to try to do at least a few dishes, but some things need to be left out for the Brit's dinner, as he doesn't make it home to eat with us.
5) Head back to church for VBS.  Get there early in order to turn on air conditioners in the rooms and in the sanctuary.
6) VBS begins at 6:30, and all sanity is lost until it is over at 8:30.
7) Go home, download pictures taken from VBS, finish up dinner dishes, check email, try not to fall asleep at the computer.
8) Go to bed and sleep like the dead until 7:30 when it all starts all over again.

So, that is why I have a lack of posting this week!  VBS is going extremely well however!  Twenty kids on Monday, by Tuesday, we were up to twenty-five kids!  But still, I'll be glad when the week is over and then I'll just be like "thank you, Lord! Now, if you could just get me to the first day of school, I swear, I won't ask for anything more!"

The kids are going away for a few days and I was hoping to see the ocean for my birthday, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen.  I'm such an ocean fanatic and just love being near it; smelling it, hearing it, feeling that ocean breeze on my face.  It's one of the most fantastic, peaceful things in my life which I don't get to see nearly enough.  I adore an ocean view room, where I can put on the AC and still leave the balcony door open in order to allow the sound of the waves on the sand lull me to sleep.  Oh well, maybe next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment