Monday, December 3, 2007

Avenue Q



 I took a handful of teenagers to DC last night to see Avenue Q and it was a total blast!  These kids keep me young (where my own kids tend to age me ) and the show was so outrageously funny that we just laughed for two solid hours watching it.  I wasn't too sure of what to expect of a show with puppets, but the true to life humor was awesome and the puppeteers worked so well with their puppets that you tended to forget that the actual actor was on stage as well.

My favorites:



The Bad Idea Bears.  They portray what could be called the evil side of your conscience.  ("Get her Drunk!  Yay!"). 



Trekkie Monster is the resident pervert of Avenue Q and was just the coolest puppet. 

We went to dinner first at The Cheesecake Factory and the kids started talking about the mission trip this summer and how they were considering an ocean town.  The inevitable question came up in the form of "You are going again this year, right?"  So, I had to talk to the five of them about surgery and about how it depended on when I had it and how quickly I recovered as obviously, I can't do a mission trip, be at the mercy of someone else for meals (at least without tons of planning) and still be on pureed foods.  I would desperately love to go again and I would love to go as a smaller size with more energy to keep up with this gang, but only time will tell.  I'm hoping they can count me in until for some reason, they can't. 




No comments:

Post a Comment