Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wrapping up 2007


Is it really possible that tomorrow is the last day of 2007?  

I usually do a year in review at the end of the year but in thinking about it the last couple of days, there has been very little of monumental proportion to review.   The only biggie of 2007 has been the decision to move forward with WLS in 2008 (Do you realize that in just over a month we will be able to submit to insurance???).  But other than that, I have not changed jobs, or done anything out of the ordinary other than the mission trip in June.  No one died, the church status is the same, my friends are still the same and are still awesome.  I did discover a sister in Gina and a brother in Gareth, and my oldest son is starting to mature and my younger son is SO eight years old right now, I'd like to strangle him, but really nothing unusual! 

I even went back and read my seven resolutions from last year and I didn't accomplish much there:

) Drink water: I could say "drink more water" but a tablespoon would be more than I currently drink.  I generally start the day with coffee, and then have one or two Diet Pepsi's before the day is through.  So, though I'm not drinking soda with lots of sugar, or even drinking lots of soda, my water intake still sucks.  I'm going to do better.


2) Go back to Curves: Really need to get back there and stick with it.  The goal is three times a week.

3) Private

4) Spend less money: I can hear the Brit applauding from here when he reads this.  I don't think I'm a frivilious spender, but I also don't hold back if there is something I really want (We're talking small items here; ie, yarn, a book, etc).  I'm going to do better and only give a treat now and then.

5) Knit myself some hats!  With the Christmas knitting done and only one more project that I promised to participate in, I am then going to do a little selfish knitting.  One of my favorite thoughts about knitting was hats, because like my father, I have a big head, so finding hats that fit is always a challenge (my head is proportinate by the way.  I don't want ya'll thinking I'm some kind of circus freak).  Now, I could knit hats to fit and felt them even!  How many hats have I done for myself in the year and a half since I started knitting?  Right.  Nada.

6) Write more: Whether it be blogging, or story telling, I want to write more.  I haven't given up the dream of being published, even though I am not quite ready to completely commit.

7) Private



Drink water, I did and found that with Crystal Lite, I can do that pretty succesfully when I am being conscious of it.

Curves?  Yeah, did that till about June, lost 25 pounds, have since put it back on again.

The private one I did achieve...YAY me!

Spend less money?  The jury is still out on that one.

Knit hats- I knit a scarf, does that count?

Write more, well, sort of.  I'm not sure if I really wrote more, but I don't think I wrote less.

Number 7, private?  I have no idea what the hell that one even was.

So moving into 2008, my only resolution is to get through surgery safely, with no complications and nothing but success.  What that means is working on my relationship to food, making the changes I need to make to allow this tool to be successful.  That's it, folks, and it's pretty major, so I'm not going to add anything else to it.  Resolutions are overrated anyway.

Happy New Year, readers! See you in 2008!



No comments:

Post a Comment