Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Latest Breaking News



 So I now get why my sister gets all annoyed when I don't blog.  Of all my WLS blogs I read, so far today only Meg has updated (and she has a psuedo date!  YAY!) and I'm disappointed.  Isn't it funny how we can get so wrapped up in other blogger's lives?

Family

My mother and father-in-law are arriving here from England on Thursday and will be with us until January 9th.  I'm looking forward to the visit as they haven't been here in almost two years and it is always nice to have someone to go shopping with.  The only major chore I have left to do is to mop and wax the kitchen floor before they arrive.

Christmas

The shopping is going pretty well but I have candy making and cookie baking to start yet.  My weekend is getting busier than I'd like it to be, with a Christmas play rehearsal at church on Saturday and with the youth going to see the shut ins on Sunday.  I haven't committed to that one yet, but feel incredibly guilty if Paula has to go as the only adult.  There are only four of them to see and we are looking at giving each shut in an ornament, singing a quickie Christmas carol and hightailing it out of there.

Tomorrow night, I am singing at a Christmas party, with Paula and Dave Goober from church. 

The eating

I have to admit that I did not do well on Weight Watchers at all as my first of two three month structured diet programs.  It makes me a little nervous as I don't know what Optimum Choice wants from me with this stipulation for surgery approval.  Do they just want me to make the effort?  And if I don't lose, how do they know whether or not I stuck to the plan?  I can honestly say that my heart was not in this one.  I hate Weight Watchers with a passion and always have.  I loathe having to get on a scale in front of anyone else and I hate the way the little old ladies who do the weighing say something positive if you lost and then don't say a word if you gain.  May as well shout it out to the rest of the room with that predictability.  Hate it!

Have been looking forward to Bayview's program all along though and we have that next week.  Looking forward to that and to pajamas right after dinner tonight




No comments:

Post a Comment