Monday, December 17, 2007

The easy way out



So, I ran across this article on the web and got myself all pissed off about one word in item number 4, which reads "Many frustrated dieters turn to surgery as a faster, easier method of weight loss."




I'm sorry, but even speaking as someone pre-op, I take great offense in calling WLS an "easier method" and I sent this chick an email telling her as much.  Simply from a pre-op standpoint, this has been in no way an "easy" decision and with all the research I have done on the topic of WLS, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the post-op experience will not be a joy ride either.  Will the weight come off?  Yes.  Do I have to change MANY things about my life for that to happen?  Yes.  Do I have to put my life on the line in an operating room?  Yes.  Do I have to risk complications?  Yes.

Granted, it is a personal decision, but so is any diet and speaking as someone who never found dieting to be easy either, it is fairly safe to say that rearranging one's insides would rank up there somewhere with "Things that are not considered easy", right along with sleep apnea, joint pain, asthma and all the other things that being overweight causes. 

I think Angela needs to do a little more homework before making such passive statements.

So, my inlaws are here, Christmas is a week away and I've been busy! I'll check in when I can!  Oh and tomorrow is our first nutrition class at Bayview!  I'll let ya'll know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment