Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sick or Just Tired?


So yesterday at work I had a headache, which is kind of a rare thing for me anymore.  Actually, since losing weight, sickness is a rare thing for me anymore.  Maybe due to the vitamins I'm on, the amount of exercise I do or just the fact hat I am healthier than I have ever been before, or all of the above, but since my surgery in April of 2008,  I have one cold that last two days.

Anyway, headache.  I found two Tylenol Cold tablets in my desk and took them and the headache eased up a bit.  I left work, went for a haircut and then to the grocery store but I felt a little bit foggy for lack of a better word.  I got home, unloaded groceries and then put hair color on my head.  About that time, I started shivering...and aching.  I got into the shower a little earlier just to stand in the hot water to try to warm up before rinsing out my color.  After coming to the conclusion that kickboxing with GBC would not be happening, I watched my temperature go from 99 to 102 in the course of an hour.  I remained on the couch wrapped in blankets and ordered the kids pizza for dinner (husband is in California till Saturday).  Mom brought me over juice, Tylenol and soup, because that is what mothers do. 

This morning, I felt better after 9 hours of sleep and got up to get the kids off to school.  After they left I fell back to sleep for two hours.  My temperature is normal, but I have a bit of a sore throat.  I'm confused...I thought if you had a sore throat, you had a fever.  Coughing a little bit.  Dragging a lot.  But I didn't work today which makes me feel guilty.

So if tomorrow there is no fever but still slight sore throat do I work or stay home?  No fever means not contagious, right? 

I hate being sick.



No comments:

Post a Comment