Monday, November 30, 2009

Blogging for Amusement


Someone whose name shall not be mentioned, Jim Not Mike, remarked to me he liked reading the blog and commenting, but he also seems to be MIA of late as he hobknobs around NYC, which he doesn't even like.  But despite his lack of comment last week, and despite my lack of sleep last night due to 'roid issues (sorry, TMI, but we strive for truth here on Knitten Kittens) I felt guilty not blogging today.

Though I only slept about three hours at best last night, I went to the gym after work to run my final day on week five on C25K.  No kettlebells due to the above mentioned issue, but the run went really well considering I had not run since last Wednesday.  Wednesday morning, I'll look and see what week six entails.

From the gym, I came home to Christmas decorate as I already felt a little behind, though much better now.  I want to do some baking this year, both for our open house on the 27th of December and to take to a friend along with some Christmas cheer that she and her family needs.  So yes, I found a way to put some meaning into this holiday for myself and hopefully for my friend too.  My shopping is minimal; my kids, my husband, Robyn and I may give some baked goods to some other friends. I'm going back to some basics this year; baking gifts, maybe making a few things.  Most importantly, finding ways to enjoy this holiday once again in simple ways.  No more flying around to get shopping done; most is going to be done at the computer and delivered. I still have to buy Christmas cards, but I enjoy those.  Still hoping to escape with Paula one day for massages and lunch, as we did last year.  Christmas dinner will be done here and right now I am looking forward to it.  Amazing what happens when you start focusing on people and not on stuff.  Of course, I still needs gifts for the kids, but again, the internet is my friend.  Kids are different; Christmas is for them, but I am not going to go broke buying a bunch of electronics we can't afford.  They will learn to be happy with what they get and I am not going to feel guilty.

Thanksgiving rocked.  No stress, much laughter, good food, good company.  No expectations.  No disappointments.  No hurt feelings.  Supurb.  The way life and holidays should be.  Life is stressful enough; the fun stuff doesn't need to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment