Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What is Going On?


Ever since my two day bout with the flu two weeks ago, I feel like I have been battling something.  The day after Thanksgiving, my throat was ever so slightly scratchy, which as a pre-op would have meant I had a full-fledged cold coming on that would have me feeling like crap for two weeks.  But the next day, I just felt as if I had a minor head cold.  Now I feel as if I have a minor chest cold along with the sneezing which may or may not be allergies or sinus issues....you know, just that slightly bronchial feeling and a tiny bit of coughing.  I'm also tired; dog tired.  Not enough so that I cannot carry on my day as normal but by evening, my energy is non-existent.  So what is this?  Walking pneumonia?  I think I would feel worse.  I don't feel bad, just not good.

So my C25K program is suddenly making rapid jumps that are freaking me out.  I went from Monday running three five minute runs with three minute rests in between, to today running two eight minute runs with a five minute rest in between.  I was freaked about it, but managed it.  The end of the second eight minutes was rough, especially taking into consideration a rather grueling kickboxing session last night, but I persevered and got it done.  BUT FRIDAY....are you ready for this jump, because I am not so sure I am.  Five minute warm up walk and then RUN FOR TWENTY MINUTES!  WTH?  I have a HUGE mental block about this one so far and will be heading to Spark People and the C25K board for words of wisdom at getting through it.  I am SKEERED!

I still can't do any kettlebell stuff at the gym or any lifting due to my 'roid issue,which I have finally set up a doctor's appt for.  I can't take it anymore.  They don't flare up often but when they do I am miserable on and off for well over a week, plus it hinders what I can do at the gym.  So on the 14th I find out what can be done to cure what ails me.  At my last colonoscopy, my butt doc told me that he could take the things off in the office and that it was not painful.  I have my doubts but am at least willing to discuss it.  So there is my TMI update for tonight. 

So I am going to go curl up with a book or maybe do a little farming down in Farmville while I wait for 9:00 and "Glee" which only has two more episodes left till like March, which really bums me out.  If you aren't watching this show, you are missing out big time.  It is fun, funny and musical; everything I have ever loved in a television program.  It is the "Fame" series of this generation and I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment