Monday, December 7, 2009

Turned a Corner Finally


I had a whole blog written and it zapped it away so now I'm all ticked off and don't want to blog at all.  Hmph.

My doctor gave me a Z-pack which seems to be taking care of my feeling lousy and my 'roids are getting better for the time being as well, thank God.

I was surfing today and found a girl who had WLS I have followed in the past.  What I found out was that she has gained a lot of weight back, which I find scary.  However it does remind me of the pact I made with myself that I am never going back.  NEVER.  Do I struggle?  Sure I do, especially with carbs, but thankfully, I have become a bit of an exercise fanatic so it is balancing out and allowing me to maintain right now.  AFter the holidays I want to get back down to business and try to lose a bit more, but if I don't, that's okay.  My body feels healthy and that is what matters to me.  I no longer have any desire to get hung up on a number. 

I got this quote on Twitter today that reminded me to always keep goals...."Most people give up just when theyR about 2reach success.Don't quit when UR at the 1yard line! Make that touchdown! Believe it &ACHIEVE IT!"  Absolutely.

I have Christmas fairly under control; a few more little things for the kids, and I need another gift for The Brit.  He wants a golf club which he has to pick out, but I need something for a surprise but am not sure what to get.  So that is my biggest challenge.  I'm going to hit baking hard in a week or so to give some stuff as gifts; cookies, cake truffles, maybe some sweet bread or popcorn brittle.  I love the lack of stress I am feeling this holiday season so far.  I am working out my Christmas day menu and am even a bit excited about it.  We are also going to take the kids on their first trip to NYC over the Christmas break.  Good stuff.

I am actually going to NYC this Saturday with my church on a bus trip that leaves at freakin' five in the morning, but three of us have tickets to see "Rock of Ages".  I know nothing about it other than it features eighties music, which I grew up with, but it is just exciting for me to see live theater in a big city.   



No comments:

Post a Comment