Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pressure Pushin' Down on Me


So someone is whinging about lack 'o blog activity, so I guess I need to do an update.  I mean, it isn't like it is a busy time of year or anything

Went to NYC on Saturday and had a great time.  It was the church bus trip, so I went with Kirk and Molly from youth group and I sat with my long time friend, Laura, from Strat'sGarden fame.  The day started way early at four am for me as we had to be at the church and on the bus at five.  We stopped for breakfast and then proceeded to the city.  The kids and I went to see "Rock of Ages" which was wonderful, much to my surprise.  I had never heard of it, but Kirk had, so I wasn't sure I would like it but as it turns out, I loved it.  All eighties rock songs which was my high school era, so it was much fun.

The city was cold, but we walked all over it.  It was Molly's first time and she was simply in awe.  She is such a remarkably funny kid who has really come into her own over the last year.  She constantly amazes me with her humor (even when she doesn't know she is being funny) and her amazing vocal talent. 

Anyway, the day ended late; I did not get to bed until well after 1:00 in the morning and then got up for church at 6:20.  Were it not so close to Christmas, I would have napped that afternoon, but instead I did laundry, tidied up the house, baked two batches of cookies and one batch of what will soon be cake truffles, wrapped most of the gifts, finished the Christmas cards and cooked dinner.  I crashed hard at abotu ten that night but I at least felt like I had not allowed the day to go to waste.

Tomorrow, we plan on getting our tree and getting candy making supplies.  This weekend is filling up fast of course...Saturday morning is the cantata rehearsal at the church and that evening we are going to dinner with friends.  Sunday is the kid's Sunday school program, then a combined service with the cantata and a Christmas potluck to follow.  Monday through Wednesday is going to be finishing up...just a few small gifts to get and Thursday my vacation begins.  Christmas eve will be church again of course, as we are singing during special music...if we learn the song.  So yeah, pretty much insanity.

I am not going to run tomorrow.  I ran yesterday and then kickboxed tonight and my knees are aching like crazy, so my body is telling me to chill for now.  So, I plan on the elliptical tomorrow and maybe some kettlebell...can't forego the workout entirely.

So there is my life right now in a nutshell.  Busy, but happy, tired but satisfied.  Hope the rest of you are getting caught up too!



No comments:

Post a Comment