Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cannot Believe I Did It!


Today I ran for twenty minutes straight and I am still in shock.  I have been agonizing over this run for well over a week because it was such a huge jump from run eight minutes, walk five minutes, run another eight minutes.  But today I tackled it.  Now, I am dog tired now, but in my defense, Jack McFarland had us do way too many squats last nights, plus after my run today, I came home and cleaned my kitchen, and my fireplace, and did cat litter and vacuumed and dusted, etc.  So yeah, pretty tired...and my thighs are aching.  But all in all, not bad at all.  I wanted to stop running several times but pushed through it, which is what it is all about.  As with anything worth doing in life, there are moments you want to quit, but you have to keep your eyes on your goal. Now, if I had experienced any pain or real shortness of breath, I would have stopped, but that didn't happen.

Thursdays are going to start being my swimming day, so that is tomorrow's goal.  I'm not the strongest swimmer in the world, but it is probably because I don't swim very often.  It has never been a favorite thing for me to do, but again, I try to change things up so I don't get bored and my body doesn't become too acclimated to what I'm doing.

Still have stuff to do for Christmas, but got cards yesterday and now need to get on that project.  Maybe I'll start it tonight.  Also have to talk to oldest child to see what else he wants for Christmas as I came to the realization that I have to get a few karaoke CDs for my youngest who is getting a karaoke machine.  Won't do him much good without music to sing to.  Need to see if The Brit wants to go to the candy store on Friday for supplies for homemade candy, as he wants some to take into work to give as gifts, so that can be started on next week. Cookies and baked goods should be done a little closer to Christmas.

Okay need to go scope out some weather as the news was just saying something about Blizzard 2009.  Hopefully my town is not on its radar!



No comments:

Post a Comment