Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm Still Here


Hard to believe I went from daily blogging to a "now you see me, now you don't" status, huh?  I had briefly considered NaBloPoMo but as today is the second, that is out the window and I'm kind of enjoying the freedom to blog or not to blog.

I had a really good workout today, thank you Jerry.  I did my third run in Week 3 of C25K and then had a lesson in kettlebell from Jerry along with a few other lessons on effective crunches as the normal ones were no longer doing me any good.  I didn't even feel sore after 200 of them (and he informed me that was way too many).  So he taught me the right way to hold a medicine ball while crunching on the stability ball.  He also showed me some on the bosu which was really cool as I was just fantasizing about one in my last entry.

We went to see "This is It" tonight and I was rather surprised to find out that I was a bit of a Michael Jackson fan after all.  I had not listened to him in so long that I had forgotten just how many of his songs I liked.  So the movie was very enjoyable and enlightening to see him in a more personal way.

The weeks have been insanely busy lately and now the holidays are right around the corner.  I am not going to spend Thanksgiving at my mother's this year; just can't do it.  It's a day off for me and I'd rather not spend it stressed.  Christmas is also causing me a giant pain but I am still trying to find something to bring meaning back to it for me.  I posted something along those lines on Facebook and apparently, I am not the only one searching.  We are currently trying to find a local family who has hit a rough patch, maybe someone who is not involved or getting any other public assistance yet.  There are about six of us so far who are looking for someone to anonymously bring some cheer or some help to.  If anyone knows of such a person or family, please email me at kimbreknittergirl@gmail.com.  I want to be able to do for someone without recognition for it, just for the sheer joy of helping.  I know there are people out there who need it and I'm betting you all know of someone.  If so, please consider sharing with me.  A few of us are asking those we know for suggestions.  Sadly, there are sometimes people who "work" the system, but the real stories almost always seem to come from those around us.  So if you know of someone who needs some help due to loss of employment, illness,, etc, send me an email.  We aren't necessarily looking to help with money, but maybe with food or whatever the need is.  Tell me what you got and if you want to help, you can let me know that too.



No comments:

Post a Comment