Thursday, December 16, 2010

Five more Work Days

Jimnotmike had a blog post for me tonight but tonight I feel like blogging, so I will keep his posts for those days when it is just not in me.  I can't abandon my readers too often after all!

I stripped a part of my kitchen floor today with ammonia and though it stunk and took a 3/4 of a gallon to accomplish it, the difference is astounding.  It took a long time too.  Pour on ammonia, swish it around, and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before going over it with a mop.  Often it was repeat on the same section a few times too.  I ran out of ammonia and my mop fell apart by the time I was finished that section but what a difference.  I am hoping Lowes may sell something a bit easier and not as stinky as I am now on a quest.

I picked up a few Christmas cards that were addressed to my family at the church and would you believe the Evil VP and her big headed son gave us a card?  She can't talk to me but the true spirit of Satan Christmas is something she wants to pretend to have alive and well or she just wants to make herself look good.  For those of you not in the know, the fact that her son has a big head, literally, is not his fault and I would generally not make such horrible comments.  He is in his late thirties and does have an abnormally large cranium, but my big problem with him is how self righteous he is.  That's what's annoying.  He has made one too many holier than thou comments to me or near me in the past.

 So I still need to come up with some gifts for my younger child.  My oldest will have his cell phone, a pair of skinny jeans, a Wii game and an ipod microphone.  Is that enough?  My youngest will have his cell phone and so far a Razor scooter. Price-wise, The Genius is slightly ahead so the remaining gifts for The Lawyer need not cost a lot of money. But I like them to open close to the same amount of presents on Christmas day, especially as I am holding the phones till last.  But what else to get him?  Suggestions?

The weekend is going to be full of baking and candy making I think.  Such a busy time of year.  Saturday night is My Tod's Christmas party and Sunday it is back to church and I have missed it!

No gym today due to snow and I was afraid the kids might get out of school early.  They didn't but  I didn't know that at the time, so I went to the store to pick up a few odds and ends, stopped by to see Tod and then came home and worked on the floor and laundry.  Tomorrow, The Genius has therapy which I find annoying because it ties up so much time in my day this time of year.  I can't always tell if it is helping or not either and the therapist is not all that organized.  He has no appointment cards, we have shown up for an appointment before and he wasn't there, etc.  I may see if we can move him to another day other than Friday.  Hate tying up a Friday with that.

3 comments:

  1. I would suggest trying Oxyclean on your floor. I haven't tried this myself on a floor, but I have used it to strip all kinds of stuff off of other things and it certainly can't hurt it. You might have to let it soak a little longer than ammonia, but it's worth a try. I find it to be amazing! I've used it to destain both my coffee carafe and the basket of my iced tea maker and it works like a charm without being bleach.

    You just save those posts for whenever you need them. That is what they are for. I'll see if I can't come up with a few more. Just don't think it's getting you off the hook to have to post about your trip...with PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ehow.com/how_4679593_remove-wax-buildup-linoleum-floors.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still debating about going back. My heart is torn because I want to be loyal to a friend that was wronged by the 'debil' but I also miss the relationships I was starting to develop. God will figure out where He wants me.

    ReplyDelete