Thursday, December 2, 2010

Four More Quiet Hours

I say quiet because the world was in today to learn to make bows and no one spoke to me.  I actually welcome the Church Lady on Thursdays as she is oblivious to the whole ordeal and speaks.  Not that I really care except right now, The Brit is out of town so the kids have been my main source of conversation.  Whoo Hoo.

I like the haircut which puts me in a bit of a pickle as I am riddled with guilt.  I like my normal hair girl.  I like this new hair girl.  But I have been with Kristi for years.  I kind of feel like my ex-church, turning on her for no good reason.  Not sure I can continue with it.  I may have to go back and just tell her I got it cut in California.

I was PMSing as I started this morning and I am so freaking tired right now but my farm in Farmville is not ready to harvest till eleven.  My body is aching from my workout yesterday and I want it to be bedtime.

So tonight, I went into the kitchen to fix a cup of diet hot cocoa while the kids were messing with the electric train under the Christmas tree.  I heated up the milk in the microwave, mixed up the packet of chocolate in it and then got inspired.  Walking into the room where the kids were, I muttered aloud "If I had butterscotch schnapps that would be awesome."  The kids busted up laughing and The Genius said "Nice mom."  Turns out, they thought I said, "If you would get shocked, that would be awesome."

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie Darling, I hate to break this to you...but your hair girl doesn't give a rats ass where you get your hair cut. Knowing as many hairdressers as I do (I guess the stereotype really is true) I have learned that one customer really is about the same as another to them and another "walk-In" is always there to take the place of you. It's their job to make you feel like you're special when you're in their chair, but once you get up...you're just another head of hair to them. And there are plenty of heads of hair to go around. She isn't going to cry, or threaten suicide, or strap a bomb to a defenseless orphan in a mall simply because you didn't return to her chair. The two of you haven't gone in search of the Lost Ark together, or solved the Davinci Code...it's just hair. So my advice to anyone is always stick to the person who gives you the best cut. Over time, that can be many different people, as the needs of hair change throughout life. Hairdressers know this and they are OK with it.

    --JimNotMike

    ReplyDelete