Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still Trying to get Back on Track

So apparently in my absence, the sermons in my former church have gotten a bit better.  In fact, his theme has been forgiveness and last Sunday he apparently stated that the devil was alive and well in this church (and I would name him The Puppet Master, but that's just me).  Not sure what all was said, but a lady I dearly love approached me yesterday and hugged me and said she'd had no idea what was going on (and no one did but those involved).  She begged me to come back but I don't see that in the cards for me.  But though his sermons have had a theme to promote healing, not one of the Bible study peeps came back to say "hi" today, so not much has really changed.

I am sitting here watching "The Biggest Loser Finale" and they are showing some previews of the next season in three weeks.  They have a man next season whose starting weight is 507 pounds.  It brought tears to my eyes just to see him.  And I know, that all he needs is a little determination and a will to change to make it happen.  Cannot wait to see his transformation.  I know it is dubbed "reality tv" but the show does change lives and it gives at home viewers proof that it can be done. We have so much technology but the formula for weight loss is still very much the same: calories in vs calories out and creating a calorie deficit.  Exercise is really such an easy thing in many ways.  Sure the process is hard, but why would you not do something that benefits every part of your life?  You only have one life here; one chance to get it right.

So my Christmas cards are finally done and ready to be mailed out.  Hope the ones make it to England in time.  We can hope.  The kid's big gift came today....cell phones, Lord help me.  There will be rules.  Big rules.  Huge.  Yes, I am nervous about it, but excited for them too as they will be thrilled.  I am making sure these are last gifts they open and that they are opened at the same time.

I need to get Christmas dinner planned too.  Not sure what we are having yet. 

And don't forget that next Tuesday is the two hour kickboxing session! Come out and suffer play with me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Biggest Loser fan, too. I haven't watched the finale yet because I don't stay up until 11 pm on a weeknight unless somebody is dying. It's taped and waiting for me at the house - I'll see it tonight.

    Maybe your experience will be a force for change in the church, who knows? It's unfortunate that things like this have to happen before we recognize the need for change, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom told me that your mother had called Pastor to transfer her membership due to how you were treated. My Mom couldn't understand that at all as she says none of them have done anything to you!! I must apologize for her again, she just doesn't get it.

    And yes, she told me about the sermon and she also said that at my mother-in-law's funeral she felt the minister was talking directly to her when he discussed "living for today, forgetting yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow"...and even though I stress that you must forgive if you expect God to forgive you...she just doesn't get it.

    When did she become so hard headed????

    ReplyDelete