Saturday, August 15, 2009

Closer to the Countdown


The last weekend before the start of school!  All together now: WHEEEEE! 

The workout celebration begins Tuesday night with Michael's return to kickboxing....YAY!  I've missed my class!  Then last night, I had some wine...I had about three glasses I think, and I'm very confused about alcohol's effect on an RNY patient.  I used to think that in order to maintain any wine buzz I had to keep drinking as my body no longer absorbed alcohol.  But last night, I swear, I only remember having three glasses and man-o-wow, I was a wee bit shnockered!  Let's just say for the first time ever, I got on the trampoline with all the kids last night and though I could not manage to stand on it, I laid on it while they jumped and I laughed my tail off.  Good times!

Anyway, I digress.  I think I talked to MyTod about coaching me in running this fall and I'm pretty sure he agreed, so I think that is rather exciting.  I think.  Just want to see that size 14, peeps!  So we'll see how that goes.  We're going to start out on a soft track, possibly at South High, in the evenings.  I'll have to pick up an inexpensive pair of running shoes (Nothing costly till I find out if I'm going to stick with it) and some kind of shorts that are light enough but will also help me not chaffe.  How fun is this? 

Anyway, that's all I have.  Very excited for school.  Very excited for kickboxing and the gym.  My only concern is that someone took my husband this morning.  He took Aaron for his first soccer practice and has not been seen or heard from since.  He is either on the field or has been abducted by aliens.



No comments:

Post a Comment