Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sad Today


I am taking this blogging freedom rather seriously! 

I had two messages this morning from two good theater friends that the mother of another good friend died yesterday from cancer.  In light of the demon we call cancer, her death was in its own way sudden.  She was apparently diagnosed with a stage 4 (not sure what kind of cancer) earlier this year but had been responding well to chemo.  She was not feeling well Monday (?) night and they took her to the hospital where they found an infection of some sort all through her body that ultimately took her life. 

With the death of my mother-in-law still rather fresh, it grieves my heart to see someone else lose a mother to cancer all too soon.  This disease knows no prejudice from sex, age, religion, etc and it is something I pray daily we one day soon find a cure for.  It breaks hearts and leaves families in great loss and feeling helpless while they watch their loved ones struggle with it.  It invokes anger and frustration.  I hate it.

Cancer took my uncle and my father.  I watched a friend struggle with it and win.  I had a sudden loss with my mother-in-law from it.  I'm weary of it touching my life and the lives of those I love. 

But I know that God wins the bigger battle.  He is so much bigger than cancer and where cancer can take our flesh it cannot destroy our souls.  It can break our hearts but not our spirits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment