Monday, August 10, 2009

My Chains are Gone!


So it was not until I was on my way to work this morning that I realized it.

I completely forgot to blog yesterday.  For the first time since January of 2008, I did not blog.

Wow.

I felt both weirded/freaked out and surprisingly free.  All the times I had waffled about continuing to blog every day and the decision was made by a simple lapse of memory.  We had this fabulous weekend of boating on Saturday (and see the bear!) and then a swim party on Sunday, and I was way tired last night.  We got home around 7:30 and I chatted online to Deyse till about 10:30 and then got ready for bed.

Never gave blogging a thought despite the fact that I was on the computer!

Wow, freaking wow!

So my oldest son is dating.  Officially.  And he is dating one of my youth girl's younger sister.  They've known each other for probably close to three years, but when they were together all week last week, both helping with VBS, something started to click.  Now, I'm not seeing marriage, but maybe that first love  (I'm not saying they couldn't marry, but with one being 13 and the other 14, waaaaay too soon to speculate!).  They went to the movies tonight and things seem to have gone well.  I told him if he was not a perfect gentleman, I'd kill him, figuratively speaking of course. 

In other news, The Brit got me a new phone and I am in love with it.  I just need Rachel (another of my girls) to name it.  My last phone, she named Tess and she named my ipod Fernando.  Rach names all her small electronics and nothing is more amusing than hearing on a mission trip, "Has anyone seen Tammy?  I can't find her anywhere!" 

Tammy is Rachel's hair straighter.



1 comment:

  1. It is sort of freeing isn't it?! :-) Not as fun for the reader, but I think sometimes the quality of what you have to say is better if you don't put pressure on yourself to just write because you have to.

    ReplyDelete