Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Cannot Wait....


...to get back to the gym!  I feel disgusting after having sporadic workouts all summer!  But getting back into the swing of it is going to be difficult.  And I have not yet completely decided on my plan of attack yet.  I need to go from my current size 18, past the 16 to land very happily on size 14....and I would love to do this by Christmas.  I think it is totally doable, especially with the kids back in school in THREE DAYS! 

Honestly, they have been pretty good this summer.  It's just that they get bored and even more than that, it is my inability to get to the gym regularly as I don't have enough trust yet to leave them both home alone for more than the few hours I work each day.  The only other complaint is that they are messy...and that I have no time to myself.  I'm just one of those people.  I know people who cannot stand to be alone, ever...but I am not one of them.  Of course, with the kids in school nine months of the year, I get used to having some of that alone time and then suddenly in June...there is no more.  And that is an adjustment for me.  So really, when I think about it, in June, not only is my down time snatched away, but so are regular workouts so no wonder I get testy!   Yeah, I did manage to take the kids biking a few times, but all they did was complain about being tired, hot, thirsty etc (yes, they brought drinks with them but my kids are very anti-water and they suck down soda and then wonder why they are still thirsty, but as their mother, I don't know anything). 

So summer is finally drawing to a close and I feel a great sense of relief.  The kids had an enjoyable summer with lots of travel and new experiences, but now the normal routine will kick back into place and with that routine comes comforts.  The comfort of a steady plan and certain constants.  Though I enjoy being impulsive, there is something to be said about routine too.

So what do you all think about this not blogging every day?  Do you miss it?  Don't care?  Just curious.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I think the every other day blogging works great..Afterall you do have a life. AS we all do. I applaud you for the running. I've become one of those "walkers" and my goal is to walk the half - marathon in the Balto. marathon this Fall. We'll see. right now I average about 6-7 miles and then poop out. Yesterday I only did 5.8 because it was so fricking hot...I have even attempted to run slowly every few minutes while I walk but then I stop.I don't think I am a runner but a walker- yes! I am still amazed at the distance I can walk without anything hurting or aching. Right now I'm at a 16 pant with an extra large top but like you would luv to see a comfortable 14 ....Oh please Lord...let me see it. !! LOL
    I had a coworker comment the other day about my weight loss and while she is also heavy she asked "Do you still struggle with the food"???? LOL..She's got to be kidding...yes, yes, yes ..I told her everyday is a battle of making good over bad choices ....I think people think, you have RNY and magically you never want food again...we know though don't we...
    well back to the grind of work ....have a good day and I wish your boys much success this school year.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me + You = same boat

    Similar plans, similar deadlines.

    Now I need to just get my lazy ass in gear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I know you have a life and I know you're busy, but I maybe miss the blogging every day a lil bit. (This from one who never answers email!) Love you! Shell

    ReplyDelete