Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Closing a Chapter on a Book that Did not Have a Good Ending.

I accepted a job offer today from the Humane Society to be an Administrative Assistant. I am thrilled to bits and a little bit sad, but on the same note, anxious to finally be done with the other church for good.  I placed calls today to my favorite people at the old church to let them know and to tell them that my formal letter of resignation would be ready for Monday night's council meeting.  I owed these three men an immediate head's up and also offered to do some work from home after I begin the new job on March 7th if they needed more time.  I do not want to leave them high and dry as that is not my style and these guys have been very good to me and highly supportive.

I'm a wee bit sad because I did enjoy working there.  The job was easy but on the flip side, other than dealing with The Church Lady, not very challenging.  I am leaving behind four weeks vacation which will be painful.  I am going from 20 hours a week to 40 which I don't really mind but it will be challenging for things like grocery shopping and working out, which has to continue to happen.  It's all do-able, but will just take some adjusting after being spoiled for five years.  It will be nice to have some extra money, not that we are strapped but The Brit has medical bills rolling in from these kidney stones and of course as they didn't happen till the first of the year, none of our deductible had been met.  

I will have to give up some things, like accompanying The Brit to San Fransisco this fall as I doubt I have more than two weeks vacation.  The kids will have to learn to get themselves out the door in the morning as I start work at 8:00.  They will also get home before me, and I am not giving up my kickboxing class so that will mean going right from work to the YMCA on Tuesday nights.  The kids and husband are going to have to help out a bit more as I no longer will have afternoons free to accomplish stuff.  So will all be adjusting for a bit but it is all good I hope.

So the chapter on CLC comes to a close.  There were many happy moments there, but the bad note a few select people caused can quickly overshadow the good stuff unfortunately.  Despite feeling a bit sad, I feel as if a great burden has been lifted....and that is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kim...I hope this new position is challenging and ultimately rewarding for you!

    Kudos for having the courage to walk way from a toxic situation...

    Love you girlie!

    Jil

    ReplyDelete