Thursday, February 10, 2011

Teenage Nightmare

I am not certain I am going to survive the teenage years of one teenage boy.  He has almost overnight gone from difficult to impossible.  Let's see, he has been acting out in the class my friend the teacher pulled strings to get him into, he has thrown The Lawyers DS across the room, he has texted his friends, lying that he was sitting in the office because he got into a fight but he didn't get into trouble because his dad called and yelled at them (all lies..there was no fight).  Then he confesses that he had been a jerk lately because two kids in Biology are picking on him (this is known as The Genius deflecting...it is a common stunt.).  And this has been in the last 26 hours hours alone.

He supposedly has a new girlfriend, which he texted The Brit about, telling him that the girl's mother had invited him to stay the weekend.  Yeah.  Obviously, we said no, and I told him that either one of two things were going on there:  1) her parents really didn't know about it or 2) what kind of parents were they to invite trouble in the form of a hormonal teenage boy to stay the night at their house? 

Lord, give me strength.

So he has lost his phone for a week. (Emily, tell Dave a point for him).  This has been insanity and The Brit is away next week, so it sure to get better (insert sarcastic tone).

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I just don't know how you do it? Of course, this is exactly why I don't have children. Folks probably wouldn't look kindly to the ankle chains. Your patience and inability to cause bodily harm are traits I admire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly admire you for being a parent. Since the Brit will be away next week, keep my hubby on speed dial. If nothing else, he can play Sarge and scare the bejesus out of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just got the play on words in your blog title! Bravo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kimberly, thanks for commenting on my blog! Having been a teenage boy, I feel your pain. :) I hope to see you around again. Let me know if I can ever do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete