Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hard to Believe...

 ...I used to blog every single day, huh?   I have been big on the suck of late!

So my notice was turned in at the church yesterday and pastor extraordinaire came in this morning and I said "Good morning" and he said, "No, it's not."  He was not happy, or so he says, with my resignation.  I blatantly but politely told him that when people in the church start lying about me, it is time to call it quits. Oh, and he is one of the people lying about me.  Nice and pastorly, huh?  He told people who were also not happy with his sermons that he had asked me and The Brit what we wanted to see him do with the sermons and we couldn't give him any feedback.  Nice.  He and I talked extensively after all this hit the fan about the sermons and heaven knows, he never called The Brit, even though he said he was going to.

So anyway....notice in.  Moving on.

I had my girls over to KNIT on Saturday.  Can you believe that one?  After being reminded of how to cast on, I started a scarf!  It was great to spend some time with Robyn, Lisa and Deanna and then Kelly and Tod met up with us for dinner at the Indian restaurant where I celebrated the new job and drank a lot of wine.  It rocked.

Came home tonight to find that the guys had eaten and had left all the dirty dishes in the sink and when the new job starts, this ain't happening.  I had The Genius come out to the kitchen to wash them but this needs to become a given.  Mondays and Tuesdays I am planning to go to Y right after work to keep up with my zumba and kickboxing  and Wednesdays is church and I need to leave my house by 6:30 that night.  If The Brit is home on time at 6:00 I will be minimally rushed and if he is late, it will be a bit of a frenzy.  So the kids are going to have to learn to automatically chip in, so we are going to have to have a family meeting and go over expectations this weekend sometime.  


I don't see working out being too tricky until after the clocks change in the fall.  With it being light out later soon, I can run or walk in the evenings.  I cannot leave exercise in the dust with working full time and I won't.  I feel too good when I work out and it keeps my overall health in good condition.  

So I am preparing mentally to completely change my routine which is where it has to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment