Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The key to change... is to let go of fear.”

So I have concluded that I am relatively terrified of starting this new job.  I feel as if I am leaving a protective cocoon to go out into the real world again.  Am I excited?  Yes.  And terrified.   What if I screw it all up and don't even make it through my 90 days probation?  Maybe I have forgotten how to be in a real workforce with real people.  Maybe I just won't "get it" with the things they want me to do.  I hate insecurity but I guess it is normal.  Of course, it doesn't help when I get my congratulations letter from the Humane Society that also says "We do not guarantee employment", but again, probably pretty standard stuff.  And again, The Brit is probably going to be away my first week working there which does not make me feel much better.  I am working on trusting God on this one as I told Him I would wait for Him to give me the job He wanted me to have.

I ran two miles today.  My treadmill and I are probably going to become good friends until the warm weather gets here. 

3 comments:

  1. Embrace change, don't fear it. I think a lot of people fear change because there is this illusion that "Once I change it, it's done, that's it…no going back!" Heck, if that were the case I would still be using a double bed as a sofa LOL So what if the new job doesn't work out? Ya just find another one. You may not fit them, they may not fit you. Nothing is permanent. That makes change inevitable…kinda like death. I mean, why be afraid of something we all know is going to happen to us at some point or another?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we get set in our ways and it's hard to change. Don't look at it as a "change", see it as an "opportunity". And always remember - God Has A Plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, the key to change might be a new blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete