Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Final Coundown

So Jimnotmike is getting impatient with my lack o blogging.  Just busy, writing a lot, just not here and no, I am not giving any details on that.



One more day in the hell that is my church job!  Tomorrow is it, peeps!  I am off on Thursday and Friday and start the new endeavor on Monday.  I have made lunch dates for every afternoon this week in honor of my last week of free afternoons and with each lunch I am having a beer.  Don't know why that last part is a goal, but it just is and it has been fun.  Today was my final day of the Lutheran Study from Hell and no one had any sudden revelation that they were acting like children, not that I expected it.  



I actually had a really nice conversation with The Church Lady today.  She had heard, of course, that I had resigned and came in to talk to me.  I had not said one word to her the last four months about anything that happened. Not one word.  But today, she asked.  She knew I had not been coming to church and I told her where I had been going and she had nothing but good things to say about my new pastor.  Then she asked what happened and I gave her a condensed version.  Basically, my thought process was that once I was out the door tomorrow, anything further said about me by those people would be more lies as that is what they have been telling such as I didn't want to be Lutheran and that I had brain washed the youth group.  She was horrified.  Could not believe, like me, that such things went on in a church.  She was teary eyed at the end of our conversation and even said that though she and I did not always see eye to eye, that she enjoyed working with me and that I was easy to work with.  I thanked her for making my job easier by the things she did that I did not have to worry about. It was, hands down, the best conversation I had ever had with her.  Would'a thought?


I still have to hit thrift shops this week for dress clothes for work.  I did find two Coldwater Creek items on Sunday in Chambersburg for the total price of $10.  I love second hand shopping!


The Brit is in Atlanta again this week until late Friday night so I am going out for dinner and drinks Friday night as The Genius is going on a youth retreat and The Lawyer is heading to grandma's house.  Looking forward to it and it keeps me from worrying about Monday.


So there ya go; what has been going on in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. Few sayings I've found at FB that make so much sense:

    "Rejection--in any form, from anyone--is simply God's way of saying "Careful, kiddo. You were going the wrong way."

    " It takes a stronger person to be kind to mean people than it does to sink to their level and reciprocate their bad behavior."


    Church days are over - they can say whatever they want it doesn't matter. Be the better person! You've already proven that you are!

    ReplyDelete