Monday, March 28, 2011

Another Manic Monday

and it followed a really busy, peanut butter egg making Sunday!  Sunday's sermon, first of all, was amazing.  I really, really like our pastor; he has a way of just capturing your attention immediately and keeping it the whole time.  Quite a novelty in my life!

Then I was back at church at 2:00 with my Bible study girl group to work on making Easter eggs to sell.  We mixed up a buttload of peanut butter cream and melted a ton of chocolate and we only had four molds that made 8 eggs each.  And we had a goal of 600 eggs.  Go ahead and laugh.  We made just over 100 eggs yesterday and about 32 chocolate suckers.  So we are back in there next Sunday to try to get the other 500 eggs finished.  But I had a great time.  We laughed a lot, talked a lot, joked a lot and I was once again so thankful to those somewhat misguided people at my old church who caused me to leave because if they had not have acted as they had, I would still be there spiritually sinking and trying to meet every single demand of people who only wanted things done but did not want to participate in accomplishing it.  But their meanness resulted in my happiness in my spiritually life and my professional life.  Maybe I should send some Thank You cards?  Ya think?

Tonight I was back at the gym after not working out for a week due to being sick last week and it was nice to get my sweat on again.  I always feel so much better for working out.

Have you noticed the increase in reality shows about weight?  We started out with The Biggest Loser and now we have "Too Fat for Fifteen", "Heavy" and one called "Ruby".  We are in so much trouble as a nation that these shows keep cropping up all over the place as there are no problems casting them obviously.

My teenager still thinks I am dumb as rocks.  My mother had to take him to the doctor for me today and he called me afterward to tell me he was going to my mother's house as neither of them had their house keys to the house and The Lawyer had gone to the batting cages with a neighbor.  I asked him if he knew where his key was and he said yes.  I knew he was lying then.  So when I get home from the gym he is there and I tell him to go get his key to which he replies "I have to find it first." I told him he had no option; he had to find it.  An hour later and after much banging around upstairs, he comes down and I ask him if he found his key and he tells me "yes."  I ask where it is and he says "In my hand."  I say "Let me see it." and he says "Why?"  Yeah, he has it.  Whatever.  So he got told off, and told he was grounded until he found the stupid key.

He may be married with kids by then.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder he wanted to help me so much at my house on Sunday. He must think he can get away with things here. NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, if he wants to get away with things at my house I've got plenty of crap he can do around here!

    ReplyDelete