Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday 13: I'm Back!

You know, I hope this is not just the honeymoon period because I am loving this job!  The week has flown by in a flurry of being busy and getting to know a lot of really nice people.  Like the church, no one hovers over me to see what I am doing, which I love.  K will walk by every so often on her way to or from her office and ask if I am okay...then she will tell me how much she appreciates how much I am doing, that she is amazed by how much I have accomplished, and she thanks me...for doing my job. Thanking me, to me, is not a necessity.  I am being paid to provide a service to her, but can I tell you how good it feels to know your work means something to someone else?  Pastor extraordinaire never said thanks for anything and I never really realized it until now because being thanked is a new experience.

So I have tons of work to do still to get things caught up where donations are concerned.  I have written 100 plus letters this week and P, the big boss on the site, signs every single one of them by hand, often putting personal notes on them.  These are people dedicated to what they are doing for a greater good.

The only problem I am having is my back has been killing me!  Leaning forward, hovering over a computer screen all day and my mid-back is aching.  I switched chairs today but it didn't help. Would a pillow help?

Okay, Thursday 13!  You ready?

13 things I love about my new job

1. Nice people
2. hour lunches
3. Challenging work
4. fulfilling work!
5. I can listen to my ipod through speakers while I work.
6. Close parking places!
7. I don't have to use my own car to run errands or do things for my job.
8. Casual Fridays
9. I kind of like dressing up a little after not having had to do it since 2001.
10. Weekends off.
11. Prime full time hours
12. Daily dog doses
13. It is only a matter of time before I have a dog of my own.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

4 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad it's going well for you. Since you get an hour for lunch we'll have to meet up once you get totally settled in. I'm only a hop, skip and a jump from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couple of chair ideas….

    Something with a good lumbar support. You can even buy a lumbar pillow for an existing chair.

    Get yourself one of those balance ball chairs. My IT coworkers who spend all day at a computer swear by them. Not to mention you're getting a workout while you work.

    Find a way to make your desk counter height and use a stool or stand. This is what I have done at work, but it was kinda easy cause our cubicles allowed the desk height to adjust. I sit enough at home, didn't need to be doing it all day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another tip is to get up and stretch every now and then. I know it helps me.

    As for the balance ball chair, it's a good concept but I can see myself falling on the floor or rocking/bouncing all the time. Not sure I'd be able to type like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make a balance ball chair now that isn't just the ball. The ball sits on a chassis with wheels and a back on it. Much harder to fall out of. I've been thinking about getting one for my desk at home.

    http://www.exerciseballchair.org/images/black%20exercise%20ball%20chair.jpg

    ReplyDelete