Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I am so in love

I cannot begin to tell you all how much I love my job.  LOVE.  I am just still in awe about the whole amazing thing.  This is the first time in my 30ish years in the workforce that I feel completely and utterly at peace with a job.  I feel like I am where I belong; and it is where God led me to be.

I know I keep talking off and on about the church thing, but here's the thing.  Is it not completely amazing that what was probably one of the worst times in my life caused this amazing new opportunity where I not only feel fulfilled but I am working with people I share common interests with for common goals.  How funny is it that at a time when Christians elected to persecute me God decided to completely fulfill me in ways not even I could imagine.  Once I placed the whole situation in His hands, He delivered me from a place where I could not grow in Him.  I'm just so in awe of the whole thing and how it happened.  I look at the other jobs I interviewed for and I knew that though at the time I would have done almost anything to get out of my current situation, those jobs would not have been right for me and I would not have been happy.  

Then God puts Strat in my path, who was keeping an eye out for jobs for me, who leads me to the Humane Society website, where I apply and hear nothing.  Now, skeptics would say "So why if God was in charge would you not hear anything the first time?"  The reason for me is simple. I needed to learn to forgive those who had hurt me.  I needed to learn to pray for them.  I could not leave there feeling as bitter as I did and still make a true, clean start.

So them God puts Strat's hubby in the path of K, my new boss, (I assume that is who walked into his shop) and though Strat's husband had only met me once, he spoke to K about someone he knew who had applied and had not heard anything.  That caused K to go back and look for my application, which she could not find, and so Strat let me know I needed to reapply, which I did.

Everything fell into place in the time frame it needed to happen, but I still have to smile and offer thanks every time I realize how at peace I am now.

5 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you! I love stories about looking back and seeing God's fingerprints in our lives!

    yay, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are so happy at your new job. Nice name tag! I am also very happy that I got to see you at lunch today prior to my being gone for so long. Follow Jim, not Mike from Chicago everyone! There are sure to be some tales to be told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God led me from that church long ago, but I'm sure my parents are His constant test for me - lol!!

    Glad the job is going great. I'd have to take all the animals home with me, so it's probably good I don't work there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good. All the time....It is hard for us (or me) to see his plan when we are in the depths of a valley. However when we reach the peak of the mountain, we can look back and see...

    Love you! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad all the prayers worked and that you are able to look back and see where He was leading you.

    ReplyDelete