Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's only Tuesday???


Well, this has been some week so far!  Nothing too out of the ordinary other than the fact that I am a single parent this week (The Brit is in Atlanta on business), and every time I am a single parent, things go south very quickly.  Yesterday morning, schools were delayed by two hours, which tied up my entire morning as the kids now go to two different schools and are on two different time schedules.  So, I was late for work obviously.  The Prayer Shawl Group met at 12:30 and though I had been bright enough to grab my knitting basket, I didn't grab the prayer shawl itself I've been working on, so I spent that meeting time chatting.  Which isn't all bad considering as I love chatting.

Got home and Aaron arrived home, complaining of feeling like something was stuck in his throat.  As he came down with a sore throat over the weekend, it sounded like strept to me, so once JJ got home, we piled into the car to head to the doctors.  Strept test negative.  The rest of the night was uneventful until bedtime, when I couldn't sleep and any time I was almost there, my sleep was interrupted.  I learned something last night.  Ya know how men complain and carry on when they can't find something?  Well, the same holds true for male cats apparently when they cannot find one of their humans.  Jonah spent a good bit of the night hollaring for the Brit.  Due to all this, I slept through the 6:00 alarm, which is usually the Brit's alarm as he gets Aaron up for school.  So, I looked at the clock (I was awake anyway) and saw it was 6:12.  Got Aaron up and moving and out the door, then got JJ up and moving and out the door.  Got to work and stayed about 45 minutes later to help make up my time for the two hour delay yesterday, then raced off to a meeting a JJ's school.  Then home to meet Aaron and off  to THE Walmart for groceries.  Got home, unloaded the groceries, put them away and now it is nearly time to go and pick up JJ from school as he has Good News Club on Tuesdays. 

I'm ready for the weekend and it is only Tuesday.

In other news, things have improved regarding this post thankfully.  Though not completely comfortable yet, we are definately closer and now time is the only thing needed.  This comes as a great relief as for a couple of days there, I just didn't want to be anywhere near the situation. 

The best thing to come out of this day, and I am trying to act like a completely normal person about it, is that the infamous Laurie left me a blog comment!  She is my idol of bloggers and I only wish I could be as quirky and clever as she is, but I settle for just loving to read her posts as so often I can relate to things she is saying.  On the weight front, the eating is going fairly well; the exercise is still non-existent, but then this is a tough week for that to happen.  I am constantly reminding myself not to eat in the evenings when I am the most bored, but I did buy a special treat of some Puffin Corn for American Idol tonight (Yes, I am an AI junkie).

So, there you have it for today.  Wish me luck in surviving the rest of the week.  I do have to say that I have realized that things run more simply when the Brit is home.  Not only does he get Aaron up in the morning, but he helps field them in the evening and is a second ear for them to bend.  My ears are exhausted at the moment from being the only parent and the only one they are talking to, as heaven forbid, they talk to each other! 

Okay, I still have first grade homework to get through tonight as well as cutting out cars for JJ's teacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment