Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Power of Bloggers and Blog Readers


One thing I have learned since starting a blog, and especially since doing NABloPoMo, is that there is power in bloggers.  The blogging universe is home to its own very special kind of people, who often are willing to go above and beyond to help others that they have never met but who are simply bloggers.  We've seen it with knitting blogs; funds being raised to help those less fortunate.  Never underestimate a knitter!  We are all too willing to help.  But I also think one should never underestimate bloggers, or even those who read blogs.

I have now aquired a great many blogs that I try to touch base with a couple of times a week.  It is often through these blogs, that I find other blogs and behind those blogs sit interesting, humorous individuals and I am both thrilled and overwhelmed each time I find one more blog I love.  Let's face it, too many more blogs for me to read and I'm going to have to give up some sleep to keep up with them!

It was through blog linking, that I found out about Kelli.  This young woman is in need of a kidney transplant.  Kelli is happily married with two teenagers and is on daily dialysis and is working her way through the process of being placed on a transplant list.  She has passed all the test that required many vials of blood and her case is being presented sometime this month.  The problem lies in the fact that her insurance is running out at the end of this month.  Due to her condition, she has been unable to work and another blogger has taken it upon herself to set up a way to give some funds towards Kelli's February Cobra payment.  The payments are done through Amazon and PayPal and are set up to accept as little as $1.50.  But can you imagine if 100 or even 1000 blog readers only gave $1.50?  It would be one less thing for Kelli to worry about.   I actually just went to the link to check on Kelli's total as I believe this just opened today.  Thus far $3300.00 has been given to Kelli's cause.  I read that and now have tears in my eyes.

You can go to this link to donate.  Please consider giving a few dollars to help out this family.   It's amazing how much difference just a few dollars can make in someone's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment