Thursday, January 4, 2007

Progress Report


So, thus far this week, I have been to Curves twice, yesterday and today, have cooked healthy meals for dinner and have eaten healthy during the day as well, and have not yet consumed enough water to brag about, but more than I was drinking on December 31st.

I've been experimenting with some new main courses, because let's be realistic...I plan on losing these pounds this time, so I need to keep things interesting so I stay faithful.  I've made turkey meatloaf, honey salmon and tonight, chicken honey dijon.  My issue is finding side dishes, primarily veggie side dishes that are interesting and flavorful.  Though I am trying to expand my culinary skills, let's be honest.  My idea of a veggie side dish is to hit the frozen food section of "the Walmart", dump bag 'o veggies in a pot and cover with water.  Not being a big salt fan, you're lucky if you even get that. 

So, I'm calling on you, internet people, to comment and leave one good veggie side dish recipe.  In fact, I double dog dare ya to do it.  The only criteria is that it is healthy and relatively easy.  So there ya go.  I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone.

For today's picture, can anyone guess who this little guy is, who I got a visit from the Saturday before Christmas?



No comments:

Post a Comment