Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Weekly Update


I will be honest and say that I have not been exercising, but over the last two weeks, I have been slowly starting to change my eating habits.  The biggest thing I have done was suggested in Bob Greene's book "The Best Life Diet" and that was to stop eating two hours before bedtime.  This was actually a bit of a challenge for me, because evening is generally the only time I watch television and we all know how easy it is to eat in front of the tube.  So, I have worked on making a conscience effort to not do that. 

I have also made a conscience effort to plan my meals and my snacks.  Breakfast remains consistant with Cheerios and a banana (Juli, ya got them
Cheerios worked out yet? Here's a link to help ya out!).  Lunch can vary a bit, but not too much and my snacks have been small.  Today, I actually tried chocolate soy milk with banana and frozen strawberries in a blender (An Oprah recipe that was in Bob's book).  I will honestly say that I have never tried soy milk of any kind, but this little recipe was really good!  I'm getting the fruit and the sweet/chocolate thing at the same time.

With that being said, I have lost five pounds in the last week and I'm thinking that has been with minimal effort!  I am reminding myself that this is only a start and that there is a long way to go, but on the same token, this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.  It really helps to see things that way.

Seven

I have discovered that the age of seven is the age when children stop being sweet and adorable and start being little toads who repeat all the disrespectful things they learn in school; such as "Who cares?", "All right...geez" and "It's a free country, I  can do what I want."  I know they are simply a new set of boundaries as kids strive to become their own person, but getting the message through that it will not be tolerated at home is challenging.  Oh, he still has moments of sweet and adorable and then he has his lippy moments when my mouth falls open as I hear him say something for the first time. 

Okay, so I'll leave you with a few Christmas pictures!

We had an open house the Friday after Christmas and the house was abuzzin' from about 3:00 to 10:00. 



Sherie and her hubby, Keith were our first guests.  Aren't they too cute??



Keith always enjoys playing with the kids.  The grass on my table, incidently, is cat grass,which none of my cats liked, so I gave it to my mom.  I thought maybe I'd better explain odd, growing substance that looks rather out of place!



This is of course, Lisa, talking to my former roomie, Mike.  Mike was my purely platonic roomie in the three years before I met the Brit.  I don't get to see him very often anymore, but he always visits for the Christmas party.




And as always, my youngest always has a way with the ladies...



No comments:

Post a Comment