Thursday, February 1, 2007

Random Thursday


I'm trying to make a conscience effort to blog Monday through Friday, but with that in mind, I don't always something specific to talk about; only bits and pieces of thoughts, information or news. 

1. My eleven year old just informed me as he is looking at a car book that "It would be way cool to have a bed in a van."  Yeah.  Okay, so remind to make sure when he is shopping for his first car, that he goes nowhere near a van.  Yes, I worry about him starting to like girls, and about him driving in a few years and I worry about the biological family history of both these boys.  Hopefully, poor judgment is not heredity.  On a good note, this kid is continuing to excel in middle school!  He got a 96% on his math module today and 107% on a science project (obviously, extra credit was involved.).  JJ has just backtalked his way into an early bedtime tonight.  Once the seven year olds start pushing those verbal boundaries, how long does it take them to catch on to the fact that they can't get away with it??

2. If anyone remembers this, I can now tell you that I have indeed...hmmm...how to verbalize it?  I have made it easy for her to leave my life completely.  It was difficult for me, but I suppose it was time.  This is another internet friend (so that none of my real life friends get paranoid, like they did when I posted about it originally!) who I hit it off with a few years ago.  We shared a similar interest and had similar personalities and senses of humor.  We confided in each other about many different aspects of our lives, exchanged Christmas gifts and cards, and generally chatted every day.  She was often my sounding board when it came to the kids and a sympathetic ear when Noah was taken away.    Her life has since moved on in several aspects and I could not be more happy for her.  Truly.  With that came other changes in our relationship, as can be expected as she entered a new season of her life.  I adjusted as best I could, but then it just got difficult.  The last few months if I would see her on-line, neither of us were messaging each other.  From my perspective, I didn't want her to feel that she had to take time out for me out of guilt, when she had so many other things going on.  From her end, I have no idea.  But it's all okay.  I miss her and think about her often and if she ever contacted me, I would be more than receptive.  I guess it's possible she was a "Season" friendship and though I hate those (because of the extreme difficulty I have with goodbyes) we tend to learn a lot from those "season" folks.  Maybe one day I'll find out I was wrong, but if I don't, I have accepted it. 

3. I forgot to mention yesterday in regards to the eating better thing, that I am pretty much off soda altogether.  I did have part of a Dr. Pepper the other day when delivering a meal to Paula's (her father passed away on Sunday unexpectedly), but other than that, it has been a cup of coffee in the morning and then diet green tea, which Lisa turned me on to.  I still need to resolve that water thing, but small steps.  The soda thing for me is HUGE.

4. Weekend before last, we went out with Robyn, Lisa and her hubby, Phil to hear the band Thique play at a local restaurant.  The lead singer of Thique, Lana Spence is not only one of the most incredible vocalists I've ever heard in my life, but she is also the reason the Brit and I met.  If I had not been journeying to hear Lana sing, I never would have met the people who introduced the Brit and I.  I had not seen her in nearly two years (kids will do that to a social life) and I think we surprised her.  For the talent this gal has, she is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met.  No matter how much time goes by when we don't see each other, we just pick up where we left off once our lives come together again for an evening.  She's awesome and amazing!  Visit the band's website and check it out for yourselves!

5. Mandy, leave me a comment, will ya and let me know how "Nunsense" auditions went!



This is Lana and her brother, Billy, who made a special guest appearance.



No comments:

Post a Comment