Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's working


As of this morning, I am down another three pounds for a grand total in under three weeks of seven pounds!  Though in the big scheme of things, seven pounds is not that big of a deal, for me, it is proof that what I'm doing is working.  What still blows my mind is that what I'm doing with food is relatively easy.  Learning to only eat when I'm hungry and making good, healthy choices about what I place in my mouth.  Bottom line is that at Lisa's on Sunday, I ate a sliver of egg custard pie, a sliver of pumpkin roll and a few bites of a jello dessert and the scale still reflected another three pound loss today and I have not yet re-addded exercise to my life.  So what that means is that you don't have to deprive yourself all the time, you just have to be sensible and not go off the deep end!  It is SO working for me because I can have some of the not good for me foods that I like, so I never feel like I am missing out.  I'll need to get myself motivated for exercise soon because I can't just drop weight and not do anything physical or I'll either stall in the weight loss, and/or I won't be toning at all as pounds drop.  I haven't been this excited about losing weight in a long time my whole life because it is totally doable!

We decided on Sunday that we will never have to worry about JJ's grammar.  With Aaron, when he came to us, we battled some atrocious verbage, such as "Mom, I just seen a cat out in the yard.".  It has only been in the last six months that I have not heard that particular verb misused, so the nearly three years of correcting that one finally worked. 

On the way to Lisa's on Sunday, JJ was entertaining us by singing the theme song from "Cops".  His rendition is very much grammatically correct: "Bad boys, bad boys, what are you going to do?  What are you going to do when they come for you?"  Like I was going to correct him and tell him it is "What'cha gonna do when they come from you."  My mama didn't raise no fool.



No comments:

Post a Comment