Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Valentine's message


Happy Valentine's Day!

I know I was going to post pics from the quilting talk we had last Saturday, but that will have to wait another day, as I need to post a little note to my Valentine.

My dearest Brit,

I know that you put up with a lot from me; mood swings, general irritability at times, blog slams, cats, but always take things so incredibly well.  I can't imagine what my life would be like without you; without having you to share things with or to talk to.  You have one of the kindest hearts of anyone I've ever met.  I love the way you not only care about our family, but also about our friends and even about our cats (I know for a fact that some husbands are not quite so understanding about high vet bills in the event of a kitty emergency). 

You have a way of making me feel special, even when I don't feel anywhere close to that and you always have.  I have never in my life felt more beautiful than I did the day we got married, there on the beach, with our closest friends and our families with us.  (ya'll, he cried during the vows...how romantic is that??).  I suddenly knew in that moment that my future was safe and that our life together would be a happy one.  Oh, not every day is total bliss and we have had our tiffs, but they never last very long and I think they keep our marriage healthy.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know, before Valentine's Day 2007 comes to a close that you are my friend, my lover, my life, my soulmate and my breath.  Thank you for finding me and for crossing an ocean to be with me.  There aren't too many women out there who can say those words!  Thank you for making our life what it is and for being my Valentine every day of the year.

I love you, forever,
Your blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment