Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowday




So today, this happened.

Snow.  The only good thing about it is that I am sick and get to stay home today, which works out well as the kids are home as well.  That bug I was trying to get two weekends ago?  Well, I fought it off as by that Sunday afternoon, I felt completely recovered.  Then last Tuesday night, the same thing happened; scratchy throat, stuff head.  I started popping meds and snoring Zicam and by the next day, again, all was well.  Then Saturday at our Fiber Fanatics meetings, I was really chilly.  We met in a different room because we had a talk about quilting (information and pictures to come tomorrow) and I just could not get warm.  By that evening, my throat was sore and I was sneezing up a blue streak and nothing I did beat it into submission this time.

I'm feeling slightly better today, though my throat is still sore, but despite that, I took the kids over to the park to sled for about 45 minutes until they were cold (I stayed in the nice, warm car other than snapping a couple of pictures.





The white stuff is continuing to fall outside and tomorrow it is supposed to turn to ice (greeeaaat), which I don't drive in because there is no controlling that stuff.

Incidently, the ceiling issue we think has resolved itself with some new cauck around the tub (which I made mention that it needed a year and a half ago awhile ago.  BUT, the Brit is back in the good graces again (Isn't he sweet to be concerned with being in the bad books of a blogger?) because he picked up dinner last night as I felt like crap, and though I would have cooked, it was nice not to have to.

For you prayers out there, please keep Pastor Phil in them.  I got a call from one of our members yesterday who has been vacationing in Florida.  Pastor Phil and his wife are vacationing there too and they were supposed to get together, but he has been too sick to do anything.  He's had what seems to be a flu for quite some time and wound up passing out in a restaurant.  He has been in the ER as well as in Urgent Care and though they have done an EKG and bloodwork, there have been no answers as to why antibiotics are not solving this.  Ya'll know how dear this man is to me, so please, keep him close in prayer.



No comments:

Post a Comment