Monday, February 5, 2007

Single again


Yes, I am single again this week with the Brit once again in Atlanta.  So far, all in all, not a bad day, but it ain't over till it's over! 

Goals

So with health being the goal of 2007, I have just signed up for Relay for Life in Berkeley County.  Though I live in Washington County, to the best of my knowledge, my Curves does not have a team walking, so with Lisa being the team captain, it was the perfect fit.  My oldest friend in the world, Robyn, who most of you know battled cancer last year, is also participating in some way, though I'm not sure yet if she is walking.  My family has had been affected by cancer for years and years.  My mother had it, and I lost my father to it.  My grandfather also died of the disease.  I have several friends, whose lives have also been touched by it; Robyn and Nina to name a few.  So in working towards a health goal, it only made sense to work towards something that also promoted health or more specifically, a cure.  It's giving me something to work towards personally for my own health as well as for a greater good.

With that being said, if any of you should take a notion, you can visit
my Relay for Life site and give a donation under my name.  Ya'll know what it's going to....a fabulous cause!

The Weekend

Saturday, as forecast, I was sick as a dog, so I spent the day popping pills, resting, etc and by Sunday, I was feeling pretty good!  Good enough to attend Lisa and Phil's Super Bowl party!  Please know, that I couldn't care less about football; I'm simply not a fan.  However, I am a fan of good company and knitting, so I was all in!



Lisa, as always, had a great food spread (Oh look!  Corn!) and I think considering all the options, I did pretty well with the eating.  Here is Lisa, sporting her Payton Manning jersey, goofing around with Dev, Shell's youngest son.



Aaron takes advantage of some yummy pumpkin roll while Robyn knits in the background.



The football fans gathered in the living room (except for Lisa, who was too nervous to watch).  I'm not sure what was happening here, but I don't think Phil was too happy about it.



Even Shell was off work to join us, as well as to take a turn with the Christmas scarf that my reciepient decided was not long enough. 

So, there you have it.  Wish me luck this week; the kids are already arguing over doing trash, so it could be a long week.



No comments:

Post a Comment